= Zero Role Play Forum =
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant - Things video games need to stop doing.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kobu Zero
Admin
Kobu Zero

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Anuk Rift

Rant - Things video games need to stop doing. Empty
PostSubject: Rant - Things video games need to stop doing.   Rant - Things video games need to stop doing. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 am

Ok, so I have a rant to post, some of you may find it humorous, but I'm just writing it for myself really. Although I'm sure most people will agree with me on the following things.

Start Rant Now:

1. Putting shit in my way that serves no other purpose than to fuck up my day and annoy the living hell out of me.
Offenders:
Assassin's Creed, this being the beggars and random drunk guys that punch you. All they do is get in your way while your trying to concentrate. Yes I know they are supposed to be there for flavor and what not. But seriously, when I'm on a mission and about to assassinate some guy but I can't get to him when I need to because some bitch keeps running in front of me, is very annoying and makes me want to throw the fucking controller.

Any Racing Game Ever ( i.e. those trees that seem to pop out of fucking no where that you cant possibly see at 120 mph.)

2. Games that don't give you any fucking clue as to where to go. No I don't want you to put a damned arrow pointing where to go, but, at least give me a general idea. I hate it when no matter what I do, I either A. Can't find the guy again to tell me. B. Look at my "info" area on the pause menu and it doesn't give me shit to go by. Or C. Just plain and simply have no clue where to go. Sometimes, even the best gamers need a little help.

Offenders:
Assassin's Creed: After you speak to the Rafik, the guy that tells you where to go. There is no possible way to speak to him again. So if say, you miss it because you just plain didn't hear it. Or you just get lost amongst the city. I realize, you're supposed to be using your "stealthy" assassin skills to track your target. But at least give me some way of knowing if I'm heading in the right direction.

Final Fantasy 12: They tell you where to go, but all be damned if they tell you how to fucking get there.

3. Seek out all of these stupidly hidden and difficult to find items to get a kinda cool reward.
Offenders:
Okami: The Stray beads, while being invincible is cool and all, I was good enough by the time I got to the end of the game, that I didn't need it. Yes, anyone who has played Okami, has usualy loved the story. But we didn't love it enough to play it again just to watch the cut scenes.

Assassin's Creed: The Flags. There are way to fucking many of these things, in very inconveinent spots that are often heavily gaurded. Again, your supposed to be an awesome assassin. But all the things listed above about this game make it so they are just tedious and annoying to get. Oh and what do you get if you do stab yourself in the balls constantly trying to get these flags? An acheivment, ok a pretty cool achievment, but not enough, sorry Ubi Soft.

I think that's all for now...I'll be back later when another game pisses me off.

Back to top Go down
http://kobuzeroproductions.webs.com/

Rant - Things video games need to stop doing.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
= Zero Role Play Forum = :: Out of Character :: General Discussion :: Video Games-
Jump to: